It is hard to believe, but we are into the last 90 days of 2015! It is encouraging to see many more intercessors from many different regions of the globe connecting as we listen to the Bible in 90 Days and pray for those remaining people groups that still do not have Scripture in their heart language. [http://www.orality.net/weekly_prayer_focus]
As we close out the year, we look back over the last few months to see monumental shifts within ION. We remember back to David Swarr coming on board as he led us in a call for the prayer initiative of 50 days from Easter to Pentecost. It was a season of stopping to listen. Since that time, we have seen a myriad of answers to prayer in the different regional areas where orality work has been ongoing, and where now great breakthroughs are happening.
This is a new day in collaboration and unity. We want to bear witness and acknowledge God’s activity in allowing us to see with new eyes what is going on across regions.
Let’s recap what we prayed for and how God has and is continuing to answer. Believe with us for more of God. We took the seven weeks to pray for a fresh, historic outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon ION. We asked for a new anointing of the body of Christ to bring the Gospel to those who still wait to hear…in a way they can really understand and receive. We prayed specifically for the following:
- Listen afresh
- Looking out & seeking potential stakeholders who may not yet be a part of the network, but who have a desire to be connected
- Focus our listening to really hearing the dreams, visions and aspirations you and others have for the movement
- Explore the felt needs that the network should be serving. Who is still in need of Scripture?
- Discover God’s view by focusing on a broad circle of those from around the globe who would like to contribute
- See the potential of the orality movement and recognizing the next generation
- Serve effectively. Stewarding the sacred gift of orality, so that the network can serve the Church with increasing effectiveness, fostering and encouraging a global orality movement to disciple oral learners
We rejoice for the new. May even more of this new be unfolded into the upcoming months. As we look into the future, believe with us for greater capacity and facilitation in each of the different regions of orality, to function within the context of the more – more being involved, more capacity, more effectiveness and more regions fully set for where God is leading.
Pray with us, from Ephesians 3:14-21: “Now unto Him WHO IS ABLE TO DO IMMEASURABLY MORE than we can ask or imagine. According to HIS POWER that is at WORK WITHIN US. . .”