Each week as the ION Call to Pray goes forth, some gather in offices, some gather in the field together, and there are some who gather together for the ION Prayer Call, but all over the globe ION partners and individuals stop and carve out time to pray. Thank you to all who pray.
Each Thursday at 2pm (EST) GMT-5 you are invited to join with others to pray for one hour.
If your schedule will allow you to call into the conference prayer call, here is the information:
Dial: 1+ (712) 432-0926
The call is for one hour of prayer.
For the month of March, we invite you and your prayer group to link in united prayer for these FIVE (5) specific items:
1) PRAY for upcoming events – ION Regional Gatherings –
- North America Regional ION Conference: 11–13SEPT2017 Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA – Details on the ION http://Orality.net website (OPEN to all)
- South East Asia Regional ION Conference: 19-22OCT2017 Chiang Mai, Thailand – Details on the ION http://Orality.net website (OPEN to all)
- India consultation – March 20-23, 2017 (Hyderabad) (CLOSED)
- Nairobi local consultation – March 27 (venue TBD) (CLOSED)
- West Africa consultation – May 16-19 (Jos, Nigeria) (CLOSED)
2) PRAY for all peoples, particular those who have an oral-learning preference or are truly oral in culture –
- Pray for changed hearts among church and ministry leaders to address the needs in the west of 70% of Americans who prefer oral methods.
- Pray for God to unleash a disciple-making movement so that oral learners have an opportunity to learn based on their learning preference.
- Pray for churches and ministries to make disciples of all peoples, particularly oral learners.
- Pray for churches and ministries to remove literate worldview barriers and use oral methods such as Bible Stories that form an Oral Bible, drama, skits, and other creative ways to bring God’s Word alive in highly relational formats.
- Pray for the churches to begin to include oral methods in worship formats, discipleship studies, evangelism efforts and leader training.
3) PRAY for a movement to eradicate the gap of not having a full Bible available.
- Pray for the 665 languages with populations of 500,000+ – of this particular segment of souls, 272 languages have NO Old Testament. Currently there is NO ONE working toward putting a Scripture Project in place that would close this gap.
- There are too many translations that are just New Testament. The current number of Full New Testaments is 1,390 languages. And 1,188 languages who do not have the Full Old Testament. Pray for this gap to close through new methods of translation and more people who can certify translations completed.
- Pray for more methods, technologies or whatever is needed to get Full Bibles to every people group and language group.
4) PRAY for everyone to have access to God’s Story / Scripture –
- 469 UUPGs have NO KNOWN RESOURCES
- 493 have been Engaged, but there is NO SCRIPTURE available in their heart language
- Pray toward the goal of every language group having Scripture access in their heart language and mother tongue.
- Watch & Pray for the Oral and Oral Bible-less Peoples who have no one advocating for them.
5) Pray for each UUPG adoption to include a Scripture Project –
- Currently 1,002 UUPGs with NO Written Scripture
- 1,653 UUPGs with NO Oral Scripture
- 1,691 UUPGs do NOT have ONE VERSE
We ask you to consider being one of those who will be diligent to press into prayer in a deeper way for Oral preference learners, Oral and Oral Bible-less Peoples and for Scripture for the Every and All.
Join in united prayer for more Scripture Projects to bring both the Old and the New Testament Scriptures to every adopted people group.
“I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
Let’s continue to bring these five areas into our prayer times and believe for much fruit!
PRAY WITH US for our ION Partners and Networks:
TWR – Women of the World has been in transition with their new Global Executive Director, Peggy Banks. Many of you will remember this group by their former name, Project Hannah. We invite you to link in and pray with them each month. Here is a sample of their beautiful new format. To receive the monthly update: http://twrwomenofhope.com/newsletter
LINKING together in global prayer:
We are so grateful for the global prayer network connections. Thank you to the IPC team for sharing again another ION Prayer Blog articles. Global Prayer Leaders are finding out about Orality in ways such as this!
There is a group of leaders from all over the globe who connect and pray together.
JOIN THE CALL: FPS Prayer Call March 9, 2017 at 7am CST/1pm GMT-0
For information on how to connect to this monthly prayer call, send an email to:
Partnership and Prayer
by Liz Adleta
God calls us to join hands with Him and with one another in His work. The invitation to His Kingdom is an invitation into the community of saints. Jesus told His followers that the greatest commandments were to love God and to love one another; in other words, live in upward and outward relationship. Communication is the glue of relationship. Prayer is our ongoing communication with God and as we join in corporate prayer, we exercise that privilege together, deepening the bonds between us as well as with God Himself.
Social Media for Prayer Strategies:
As the Ethnê movement’s prayer workgroup leads us in prayer for the people groups with least access to the gospel in Eastern Europe/Eurasia during the month of March, we are extending a 31-Day UPG Prayer Challenge. On Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Whatsapp, and text message, we’ll be sending out meme’s with a specific unreached group and a scripture prayer. Join us:
READ the scripture and if desired, click link for more info
PRAY the prayer for the people group
REPOST the meme through your own social networks
Use the #prayerchallenge
URGENT & ONGOING Prayer for the KADUNA PEOPLES in Nigeria!
“Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; Fight against those who fight against me!” We join in prayer for the KADUNA PEOPLES in Nigeria!
Father we ask You, God to contend with the enemy for the Kaduna peoples in Jesus name. Amen
Urgent Prayer Requested by ION Partners in Nigeria
People’s Cry For Global Prayers
Dear Prayer Partners,
Like the Jews in Shushan (Esther 3:1-15), the people of Southern Kaduna (my people) of Kaduna State of Nigeria have a burden and are in the mood of prayers for God to show himself and avert the grand plan of massive attacks and killings by the herdsmen/ insurgents very soon. This is a secret plan that just came out.
Like Esther (4:1-17), I am calling Christians worldwide , to join us in this spiritual battle. The majority of the people of Southern Kaduna are Christians (90%).
PRAY THAT GOD WILL CONTEND WITH OUR ENEMIES, WHO ARE GREAT AND ARE WELL ARMED, WHILE OUR SECURITY SYSTEM SEEMS COMPROMISED IN THIS MATTER.
Just as in Esther 4:1-17, Mordecai persuades Esther to help, we are being asked now to STOP & PRAY… we are being asked to join Nigerian Christians in this spiritual battle for God to contend for these peoples.
Join in prayer for the upcoming
ION Global Executive Team Gathering & Retreat time – 23-27 MARCH 2017.
Lots going on in the different ION Regions. The GET will meet face to face to sit together, prayer together and dream together. They need your prayers. Thank you.
30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World
27 MAY – 25 JUNE 2017
It is time to put 30 Days on your Prayer Calendar and begin to think about ordering your copy. 23+ languages are available to order here: http://pray30days.org/order/
For more information on Global Prayer Events check out Global Prayer Resource Network (GPRN) and it’s Event Pages: