Thank you for joining to pray.
As each of these ION Prayer Focus Guides are published we are reminded that without our partners in prayer the work of prayer would not be united. We want to take the time to stop and say THANK YOU for linking together in prayer.
We invite you to join in the ION Weekly Call to Pray each Thursday. There is a small group that meets on a dial in prayer call. If you are available, we invite you to dial in or use the FreeConferenceCall.com App – You will be received and can bring your prayers in corporate prayer time.
Each Thursday at 2pm Eastern for one hour of corporate prayer time together.
Dial: (641) 552-9404
or use the FreeConferenceCall.com App 818908# with your country code. Write in for that information to ION Prayer via email.
It is an honor to walk together. Let’s pray!
Pray for the ION Network upcoming events and trainings listed at: https://Orality.net/Events
Public prayer items regarding Bible Translation:
- Praise God for websites in eight new languages that are now available for distributing Christian materials and Scripture. Ask God to use these websites to draw people to Himself. Pray for the Scripture engagement workshop planned for April. Several teams will work to prepare additional material for the web.
- Praise God for the progress made so far in preparing the JESUS Film script for recording in a language of Asia. Ask God to send the voice actors needed for all the parts, so the recording can go forward. Pray for the recording team as they make the recordings and then edit them to fit the Film. Pray for the people of the language community as they read the New Testament and interact with Scripture on Scripture Apps. Pray for the audio recording of the New Testament to be completed soon.
- Praise God for the commitment of Brooke’s Point Palawano believers to plant churches in difficult areas through Bible Listening Groups with the audio New Testament. Health issues, lack of proper nutrition, dirt floors that turn to mud in rainy season, threats from outsiders are just a few of the trials they face with their church members. Yet by God’s grace through prayer in the power of His love, they persevere. Please join in prayer for them.
- Praise God that the books of James and Mark were checked* in 10 languages in the Aitape West area in early 2018. Ask God to use the recent visits into thesed areas to encourage the community members to support the translation projects for these languages.
- Praise God for the recording of the Bwanabwana New Testament at the Alotau Regional Centre in early March. Pray for the Gumawana translation team as they read through the New Testament a final time before beginning publication. Pray for protection and good health for the staff and translation teams working during this time.
- Pray for guidance for the people from four language communities in Southeast Asia who are gathering next week to craft two oral Bible stories to share with their communities.
GLOBAL PRAYER CALLS:
This is your INVITATION to step in with others around the globe and to pray together beyond our individual groups –
NEW movement with Inherit the Nations (ITN) – Would you pray and connect?
There has been some new progress on the “pairing project” adopted by 24:14 Coalition Prayer Task Force called 24:14 Inherit the Nations. This was first put in place in early 2015, the vision was given to Jonathan Fritz, where 66 pairings were made between prayer communities and field representatives focusing together on unreached people groups for a year, walking together in prayer. Many continue to this day….many breakthroughs happened and still are happening! Would you pray with us as this prayer initiative is relaunched and consider joining your group into the continued prayer for unreached peoples? To find out more visit the ITN website: http://inheritthenations.net/
INVITATION TO PRAYER TEAMS
- Apply to be matched with a specific unreached people group/place and a representative of a field team working there.
- Pray at least one hour weekly as a community for your specific unreached people/place, recording how God is leading you to pray and any sense you receive from the Lord regarding this effort to share with your partner field team weekly of bi-weekly.
- Communicate weekly or bi-weekly: Receive from your partner field team weekly or bi-weekly prayer, praise, and progress reports and share with your team your prayers and words form the Lord for your unreached people/place.
- Be sure you each have a personal intercessory team for your own prayer cover and expect God to respond!
INVITATION TO FIELD TEAMS
- Apply to be matched with a specific prayer community as your valued team member and include them in sharing your heart for your UPG, how they can pray toward seeing movements, and what God is doing and wants to do among them.
- Communicate weekly or bi-weekly: Receive from your partner prayer community their words impressions from the Lord as they’ve prayed for your unreached people group/place and consider how God may be speaking through them to you.
- Expect a harvest and prepare for God to work as you join hands asking for the nations as your inheritance!
Connect via these links:
Field Teams – FIELD TEAM APPLICATION
MONTHLY Aroma Prayer call for the Bible-less: Hosted by Seed Company – held each 1st Thursday of each month at 5pm Eastern; Focus is on PRAYING FOR ZERO – Zero People Groups being those who currently have NO Scripture in their heart language and mother tongue. NEXT CALL is 3rd May – You can join via the Pray for Zero Facebook group’s LIVE Call or through the Seed Company’s Prayer Call number. To be added send an email to Marj_Walton@tsco.org (For security reasons, you must ask for the link, but the call is open to those of you connected thru ION.)
Monthly Ethne Prayer Call for UPGs: Hosted by Ethne & Fellowship of Prayer Strategists (FPS) – held each 2nd Thursday of each month at 1pm UK time (BST) / 8am Eastern; Focus is on the UPGs and regions featured in the Global Prayer Digest along with a Guest Speaker who is able to bring the latest information for the focus region for the month. We link together in the mobilizing of prayer through the 12 Regions of the globe in the cycle of 12 monthly focus areas. To see the current monthly focus area we invite you to FPS website: https://prayerstrategists.net/ Current Prayer Guide: https://prayerstrategists.net/about/prayer-guides/ . NEXT Call is 10th May – Diaspora in Toronto. The goal is to take the information shared and motivate prayer through the answers and breakthroughs heard on the call and for the needs shared during our time together. Join the monthly prayer call via the Zoom platform: Click here for the Ethne Zoom Prayer Room zoom.us/j/7867380647
Click to sign up (user name : 1010PF / password : abidebearfruit)30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World is a 30 day event that has taken place every year during Ramadan since 1993. Join hundreds of thousands of believers in over 30 languages to pray for the Muslim World each day during Ramadan starting March 15.
Click to order a prayer guide.
Praying alongside ION Partner, TWR Women of Hope in their new audio prayer guides each month: https://www.twrwomenofhope.org/monthly-focus-archive
Prayer article from Lausanne: Article from Lausanne on Prayer https://pdf.printfriendly.com/pdfs/1522987797_c84f08/download
Contact Jenny Oliphant at: firstname.lastname@example.org to join the 24:14 (Matthew 24:14) Coalition’s Prayer Task Force.
If you have questions or comments in regard to prayer for the ION Orality Network contact: ION Prayer
IMPORTANCE OF PRAYING IN FAITH – from Ryan Shaw (SV2 Movement_
“We are meant to expect to obtain the things we ask that are according to God’s will. Much prayer is offered without any real belief that anything will really change. Unbelief is a great obstacle and a reason behind much unanswered prayer.
Increased expectation is connected to a sense of evidence that what we are seeking God for is indeed His will. Expectation grows as we receive a greater vision of God’s power. Paul reveals this in Ephesians 1:18 -19, “that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.” — Seven Characteristics of Effective Global Harvest Prayer by Ryan Shaw of SV2 Movement in the blog, Abandoned Times.
ION Orality Network
LifeBridge Invitation May 9 You are Invited! By International Orality Network (ION) – North America Region To a luncheon graciously hosted by LifeBridge Church in Windermere, FL followed by an optional 2-hour Introduction to Orality. You will learn about ION and our upcoming national…
Wycliffe invitation May 10 You are Invited! By International Orality Network (ION) – North America Region To a luncheon graciously hosted by Wycliffe Bible Translators, followed by an optional 2-hour Introduction to Orality. You will learn about ION and our upcoming national…
We are eagerly anticipating all the Lord has in store for this year’s ION North America Conference in Orlando, September 17-19, 2018. “Orality: Many Applications – One Mandate” is our theme. While there are numerous applications and aspects of the Orality domain, the one mandate, which is…
Who is an oral learner? How do we reach every oral learner in Africa so that he or she has the opportunity to become a follower of Jesus? What must we give oral learners that will best sustain a movement of self-replicating disciples? How do we reach the least unreached…
This is the 25th year of 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World, and the distribution of this year’s daily prayer guide booklets — in adult and children’s editions — is well underway.
There’s still time to order booklets. You might even consider mobilizing your church or small group to participate — we provide steep quantity discounts to encourage communities to pray together.