This past month our Teams have been on a Social Media Fast.
PRAISE GOD for all who stepped back from schedules and ongoing normal work and instead made a priority for August in taking some intentional downtime. Think about Joshua 3:5, “Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” As we step back into those schedules in September 2018 we together agree in unity to believe for the mighty things God is doing in these tomorrow days. We continue to tap our arrows on the ground for the “more” of Ephesians 3:20-21 for all of the body of Christ, especially for the Orality Network and our Great Commission Partner Groups.
PRAY with us, Lord, As we step back into the physical work at hand, remind us again of the reality of John 9:4 “We must carry on the work of him who sent me while the daylight lasts. Night is coming, when no one can work.” Empower your servants to serve well in the spiritual places of life, such as keeping a love for You and Your Word priority and at the same time, valuing the physical work of the Kingdom You allow us to be able to touch! Let us, ” Taste and See that the Lord is good; How blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.” Psalm 34:8
PRAY with us, Father, Close the gap! We pray in agreement the “least prayed prayer” in Matthew 9:37-38 & Luke 10:2.
We are asking others to focus on God’s heart and goals for making the Word accessible to Oral and Bibleless peoples, the elimination of the Old Testament Gap, and the raising up of a new generation translation and Orality laborers.
• Pray for the 1,600+ languages that do not have ONE VERSE of Scripture in their heart language
• Pray for those peoples around the globe who do not have access or only have limited access to Scripture because they do not have the Word of God in its entirety. While in the global North and West we have the ENTIRE BIBLE, ALL 66 BOOKS available in multiple versions. Think about this reality: Of the 650+ FULL BIBLES available to all, 178 versions are in English
• Pray for the people’s of the globe to be able to someday soon, open a Bible and take God’s Word into their hearts anytime they choose to. Sadly that is not the case around the world for millions of souls.
• Pray for the Oral People Groups who number 80% (5.7 Billion) of the population of the globe who still wait for the gospel in a way they can really understand and receive. Time is short, let every believer wake up to fully seek first God’s Kingdom and His righteousness, realizing the urgency of the hour. (Rom. 13:11-14; Luke 19:13; Psalm 90:12)
• Pray that every follower of Jesus is BEING a disciple who fully follows Jesus in loving God, loving others and making disciples that make disciples. (Acts 1:8; Matt. 22:37; Prov. 11:30; Matt. 28:18-20)
• Pray for believers see the LOSTNESS of souls all around us. May each disciple be open and responsive to the heart condition of those the Holy Spirit is preparing. And let us move intentionally into sharing God’s Story and the gift of salvation in Christ Jesus in a way that can be understood and responded to for transformation to happen at a heart level. (John 4:36; John 6:44; 2 Tim. 4:2)
• Pray for every people group with little gospel witness to be adopted for prayer and outreach and then be engaged with a Kingdom multiplication strategy, so that there will be no place left without a gospel witness in every tongue, tribe, and nation. Currently, 1/4 to 1/3 of the world has little to no gospel witness (Unreached people groups) and 401 people groups over 500,000 in population have less than .1% Christians among them. These represent 88% of the remaining task. (Matt. 9:37-38; 2 Cor. 10:16; 2 Peter 3:9; Rev. 7:9)
• Pray for access to the entire Word of God in every language. Presently only 7% of the world’s languages have a full Bible and only 1 in 5 Bible Translation Projects focus on translating the Old Testament. Having a full Bible allows for people to have access to the whole counsel of God. Pray for the 1,600+ Bibleless People Groups who do not have ONE VERSE of Scripture in their heart language in your prayers. Pray for the acceleration of accurate Bible Translations to come quickly. (Matt. 9:37-38; Heb. 4:12; Rom. 10:17-21)
• Pray for the Body of Christ to recognize our call to see His Kingdom coming and His will be done (not just building our own kingdoms) on earth as it is in heaven. Let us work together in the unity of the Spirit keeping the bond of peace for His glory among the nations, that they might see Him in us. (Matt. 6:10; Eph. 4:3; Matt. 12:22-26; John 17)
• Pray for the two upcoming ION Regional Events:
17-19 September 2018 ION North America Regional Gathering in Orlando, FL USA Register & More Info: https://IONEvents.org You are encouraged to register quickly as time is running short. The line up of speakers and the intentional networking environment are key to this gathering. Visit the ION website for the full invitation: https://orality.net/event/2018-north-american-regional-conference/
26-30 November 2018 ION Africa Consultation To apply for this Consultation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org For more info: https://orality.net/content/ion-africa-consultation-26-30-nov-2018-2/ The ION Africa Consultation will take place at eMseni Conference Center in Johannesburg South Africa from November 27 to 29. To date, 110 have already registered (150 total available), if you are planning to participate, do so now for the places are being filled fast.
• Pray for all the events going on connected to the Orality Network. See the Orality.net ION Events Calendar for more details.
Exciting news from the ION Prayer Group!
The ION Prayer book, Praying for Oral and Oral Bibleless People Groups has been published and is available in hard copy through Amazon.
There are two options to choose from:
The first one priced at $10 is a full-color version and is offered specifically for individuals to purchase.
The second option called the Standard Edition and is priced at $7. It is a little less expensive so if you would like to order many copies this is more economical. This one is perfect for small prayer groups or Sunday School classes. It has a color cover but is B&W on the inside pages.
Look for the opportunity to download it as a free pdf. on the Orality.net website soon.
We want to give a shout out to Kathleen Dillard. Because of her collaboration in sharing prayer content, this book was possible. Visit https://KathleenDillard.com
International Orality Network
Weekly Call to Pray each Thursday
Each Thursday, the Orality Network and partner groups unite to pray. We ask you to pull away and gather together as a group and really pray! If you are able to connect to the weekly prayer call, we invite you to join the physical prayer call:
Join each Thursday at 2pm (EDT) GMT-4
Dial: (641) 552-9404 (USA)
This is an open invitation to come on the call in person or from where you are in the spirit of unity to join others to pray for Oral Peoples & Oral Bible-less, Orality Network partner groups and Great Commission Partners.
Each Thursday at 2pm (EDT) GMT-4 a small group gathers to pray together. We invite you to join to pray or to share what you are doing in Orality and let us come alongside you in the place of prayer for what God is allowing you to be involved in. To find out more Visit: https://Orality.net
Ongoing Global Prayer Calls we link with:
Monthly Aroma Prayer Call for Bible-less (TSCO): 1st Thursday of each month at 5pm Eastern
Focus is on PRAYING FOR ZERO – Zero Peoples Group that have NO Scripture. Asking together for the acceleration of Bible Translation so that every people group would have access to the Scripture in their heart language.
NEXT CALL: 6th Sept. – You can join via the Pray for Zero Facebook group’s LIVE Call or through the Seed Company’s Prayer Call number. To be added send an email to Marj_Walton@tsco.org (For security reasons, you must ask for the link, but the call is open to those of you connected thru ION.)
We join TSCO in prayer for these upcoming Pray for Zero / Imagine Zero events:
JOIN THE CALL: Fellowship of Prayer Strategists (FPS) Prayer Call: Third Thursday of each month.
NEXT Call: September 13, 2018 at 7am CDT/8am EDT/12pm GMT
Please email email@example.com for information on how to connect to this monthly prayer call.
Each September we focus on the Least Reached Hindu Peoples of South Asia.
You are invited to link in prayer with GRN: https://www.globalrecordingsusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/TIP-September-2018-2.pdf
An encouraging challenge from Call2All:
The challenges before us as the Body of Christ are the following:
1. Will we stay stuck in old models that are no longer relevant to the emerging generations? This includes how we see evangelism, discipleship, all areas of communication and education and the use of the newest technology.
2. Will we in Western culture keep compromising the Bible to fit in an ever-increasing humanistic secular culture?
3. Will we pay the price of persecution to stand up for truth in the marketplace?
What we are doing across the globe is growing rapidly. The Lord is opening up opportunities to us in country after country. It is very important right now that we stay true to the gospel and use the most modern methods to effectively reach this next generation!
Every decision we make is more important than ever. Let’s redeem these key hours in human history.
Visit and link to Call2All https://Call2All.org
WIN1040 September Prayer Points
Be sure to check out the newest prayer points for the 10/40 Window throughout the month of September! Click here for the Prayer Points. A quote taken from 10/40 Window Reporter —Beverly Pegues—
“Praying alone is crucial. Praying with others is even more powerful. Yet praying alongside people of fervent prayers is like throwing kindling onto an already burning fire…it ignites the Heavenlies.”
Read the full IPC September Newsletter:
NEW BOOKS available that focus on prayer and mission:
Draw Disciples book is now available in hard copy from Amazon.
There is also a link for free downloads of all the teaching and story lessons in the book: https://blazingtrees.org/drawdisciples
The latest edition of MF delves into the remarkable advances being made by Wycliffe Bible Translators around the world today. It highlights Wycliffe’s rich and long-standing history and updates current inroads being made in Bible translation. Modern-day technology has enabled translators to not only speed up the translation process but to also improve the quality of the end product by including a wide range of people in the translation process.
PRAY and read the current Mission Frontiers issue here.
PRAY with us through some of the recent Bible Translation Prayer items we have received:
Praise God for the language teams that were able to attend the third Oral Bible Translation Workshop the second half of August. Pray that the same people from the Bungain, Juwar and Urimo language communities attend the workshop, so that they already have some skills developed from earlier training. Pray for the teams to internalize and understand the passages translated so they can produce clear and accurate translations. Pray for wisdom for the translation consultants* as they check the translated passages.
*Consultant check: A consultant thoroughly goes over the translation with the team, checking for accuracy, clarity and naturalness, and looking for omissions, extraneous thoughts or possible misconceptions.
Praise God for the last Oral Bible Storytelling workshop for nine Nuku area languages held in the past two months. Each team was able to learn four more stories their heart language to take back and share in their language communities. Pray that God’s Word has an impact on many people in these communities. Praise God that some of these team members will go on to be trainers of other Bible storytellers.
Praise the Lord for the “JESUS” film showings throughout the city of Lae, Papua New Guinea during July and August. Youth With a Mission Lae staff members have shown the film throughout the city. Hundreds of people are turning to the Lord for the first time at these showings. The film is being downloaded into many Smartphones. Micro SD cards containing the film and audio Bibles were placed in all the wards of the Angau General Hospital in Lae. Many leaders are asking for “JESUS” to be shown in their communities. Praise the Lord for this powerful tool being used by the Holy Spirit to bring people into the Kingdom of God.
Get your copy: https://www.go31.org
Contact us we would love to hear from you!