We continue this month with inviting guest writers to share how being involved in Orality and Prayer has changed the way they do ministry!
This month we focus on another Pastor who took his congregation to another level using Orality to bring the Word becoming flesh in to God’s movement with the people!
Izzy shares his journey with us:
THINKING BACK to move forward:
In April (see https://ionprayer.com/2019/04/03/april-2019-orality-net-praise-and-prayer-update/) we posted a piece from Pastor Jason Boetcher. . . He has been an integral part of the Orality network as an early adopter and innovator, using Orality in the two churches he has had the opportunity to lead moving them toward a more biblical approach to discipleship.
We hope to bring a Part 2 piece. . . Stay tuned for it to be added.
We welcome your responses to how you think Orality fits or what it L👀Ks like for your group. And we welcome your comments or questions -email IONPrayer.com
You can connect as well directly to both of these shepherds thru the ION Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/InternationalOralityNetwork/?ref=share
This group is open to you to join. Once you are a member you can communicate freely with other members and post Orality based topics, events or information.
Join to PRAY each Thursday:
YEAR OF THE FRONTIER May 2019 through May 2020 is a previously unprecedented time of united, informed prayer for the largest gaps in work among the unreached around the world! For thirteen months starting May 2019, join prayer networks around the world coordinating with:
- The Alliance for the Unreached
- The Ethné Movement
- The 24:14 Coalition
- Joshua Project’s “Unreached of the Day” (http://JoshuaProject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday)
- Frontier Venture’s Global Prayer Digest
as well as many others to pray for every one of the 400 Frontier People Groups (FPGs) with an in-country population over 500,000 as field efforts collaborate to see movements to Christ in every people and place.
What are Frontier People Groups? These FPGs contain nearly all of the one-quarter of all humanity currently the most isolated from the good news that Jesus came for all peoples. Less than 1 in 1,000 are followers of Jesus in these groups. Only 1 out of every 100 cross-cultural laborers work among these groups! Until Jesus followers unite in obeying His commission, these masses have no hope of hearing about and being introduced to Jesus before they die! This unprecedented collaboration will focus on the fulfilment of God’s promise to bless all peoples through Jesus movements healing and restoring broken families and communities.
Why is prayer important? Extraordinary prayer is foundational to every movement to Christ. Prayer is the first domino to fall leading to change in spiritual receptivity to the gospel and fruitfulness. Leviticus 26:8 “Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand…”—there is multiplied power in agreement. As intercessors faithfully lift up these specific people groups and believers reach out, God does what only God can do to release harvest.
Learn more about the “Year of the Frontier” at: http://Go31.org/yof
Joshua Project https://joshuaproject.net/frontier
“Reaching the Unreached” video https://vimeo.com/244739881 and
“The State of the World”video https://globalprn.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b371ecb81ea5dd83cb1ed45cd&id=b68ef93f6a&e=3ba0399bc5
Your prayers are vital to extending God’s blessing in Jesus to all the remaining Frontier People Groups. Draw close to God by embracing His passion to bless these Frontier People Groups. Invite others to join you in:
* Praying daily for every one of these 400 Frontier People Groups over this year:
To get daily prayer materials via email: https://joshuaproject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday/emailor
http://www.globalprayerdigest.org Then submit your email in the top right box.
Apps to help you are available for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=umot.tw.dgp
* UPG of the Day Widget to customize for your website: https://joshuaproject.net/pray/unreachedoftheday/widget
* On social media, use these hashtags to raise awareness: #YearOfTheFrontier, #FrontierPeopleGroups, #UnreachedPeopleGroups, or #RememberTheUnreached.
* Promoting the international Day of Prayer for the Unreached (http://AllianceForTheUnreached.org)
* Partner to focus on a specific people group through http://www.InherittheNations.net
* Preparing for the Global Outreach Day 2020 (http://globaloutreachday.com/2020), which will coincide with the culmination of the Year of the Frontier. During the entire month of May 2020, our goal is to mobilize 100 million Christians to pray for their neighbors and nations as well as to share the Gospel with them.
We believe that together with many denominations and ministries it will be possible to reach 1 BILLION people with the Gospel and for prayer-care-share to become an ongoing lifestyle for every follower of Christ.
More at http://go31.org/yof/
Join to pray!